WebServiceDataSourceManager and Operations
The WebServiceDataSource control is a simplistic data source control (not following the existing data source control infrastructure) to call a web service. Paramaters are still in the works and will eventually be supplied using the MappingControls portion of
the controls. The core of the work is done in the client-side execute method.
- Operations - The collection of operations that use an associated web service.
- Settings - The settings for use with the web service (url, time limit, etc.).
- execute(key, params) - Executes the web service call; requires the key of the operaiton and an object will all of the provided parameters by name.
- Key - The key for the operation, not the method name in this case.
- MethodName - The name of the method that resides in the web service to call.